Back to How to Start a Christian Ministry or Mission
ODB, Welcome Page
Making a Ministry Plan
How to Start and Fund a Ministry or Outreach
Do You Desire
Five Principles of Success
FOCUS ON THE STRENGTHS. WHAT WE DWELL ON INCREASES!
Online Evangelism A Guide to Web Outreach
Many people have been called to ministry. In fact, we all have been called to some sort of ministry, but yet few seem to make it. We at ODB do not believe people should go hungry or be homeless, but yet we all know that that these thing happen. If you believe that you have been called to ministry, and you believe that you have what it takes to run the good race, then read on and answer these important questions.
1) Do you believe God makes mistakes?
If you believe God does not make mistakes, then the reason you are reading this is because you have been led to do so. If on the other hand you believe that the reason things happen the way they do is because of "accidents" or freak occurrences, this is also for you.
2) What do you see as your biggest obstacles to accomplishing what God has called you to?
A) Lack of desire?
B) Lack of funds to get started or make a living?
C) Lack of knowledge?
D) Need someone to work with you to help get you started.
E) Not sure it is the right thing to do.
F) My family will run away from me if I get into ministry.
These are all genuine questions that deserve an answer if you are expected to go forward. Let's take each on of these objections.
A) Lack of desire? No one can know how much desire that you have but we are told that it would be better if we were either hot or cold. God can deal with us if we are hot or cold. If that is the case all that is needed is to ask Jesus to intervene and trust that He will do so. if on the other hand you are in the luke-warm category you may need to go to the wilderness to learn the hard way. Scripture gives all sorts of examples of people who had to learn the hard way.
B) Lack of funds to get started or make a living? Let me ask you a question! If we could show you a way that you could not only pay your bills, but raise funds for your ministry and help others, would that be of interest to you? If so, are you able to take direction? Or better do you have a teachable spirit? If so, we guarantee if you follow through with the simple directions supplied you will accomplish your personal financial goals and raise the funds you need for your ministry. We stand with you and so will God.
C) Lack of knowledge? With ODB you have brothers and sisters that not only care, but have the experience to help you along the way. in addition we have as a part of the ministry on line support and the classes that you may need to help you get started. You are not on your own.
D) Need someone to work with you to help get you started. What this is about is becoming a part of a unique mentorship and discipleship program where you will get the help that you need. You may not know or why, but God never asks about our ability, only about our availability.
E) Not sure it is the right thing to do. Either we are of the same body or we are not. it is your choice. If we are of the same body, it is time to learn to trust God enough to see you through. "Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God.... Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began." (2 Timothy 1:6,9)
F) My family will run away from me if I get into ministry. "My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience." (James 1:2-3) Everything is about your calling, your relationship with Jesus, the Father and learning how to be sensitive to the Spirit and seeing it all through, even if you skin your knees a few times. We all have.
Do You Desire- Top
If so then Our Daily Bread, Bible School, Ministries, & Missions are for you, whether you are looking at part time or full time ministry, you will like the pace. Work at your own pace as you learn to do, in the ministry. Our Daily Bread, Bible Institute, & School have the studies for you, either by mail, or web at a fraction of the cost of on campus studies.
Next Steps: Top
Five Principles of Success Top
1. URGENCY: We the body can no longer sit by and wait. The cost of waiting and not acting on the Word is disease, wars, increased crime, addictions, increased taxes, and starvation all of which decrease the quality of life.
2. OWNERSHIP: II Chronicles 7:14, speaks about the believer. We need to turn back to God and humble ourselves, seeking Him, asking Him for direction and help and be willing to turn from our ways. For some time believers have thought that the problems of the world are the fault of the non-believer, but in reality they are the fault of the believer. The good news is the believer holds the solution according to scripture. Canít fix it if we are not willing to take responsibility for the problems.
3. LEARNING BY DOING: We as the body need to understand who we are in Christ, our authority, responsibilities, and act on that authority. Next we need to seek a vision and the guidance to know His will so we as a body can work together.
4. LIFE LONG LEARNING: As we talk with Jesus we can never afford to think that we know it all and are doing everything that we can. We need to continue to study (II Timothy 2:15).
5. MOTIVATION: The first step to being motivated to do something is to decide if what is currently happening around us is from God. If we choose that it is from God we will probably not do anything. If on the other hand the things that are happening such as starvation, increased crime, hopelessness, etc., are not from God and decide this was not His will or desire, then we choose to become involved or not. If we become involved and take responsibility we can do something about current realities through Christ, which is His desire, which is living in obedience ("love thy neighbor as thyself" Matthew 19:19[Isaiah 1:19-20 "If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land; but if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword"; for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.]). Then we work together as one body through Christ to destroy the works of the devil. We are motivated to do the right thing as we are led by the Spirit to stop what is happening around us instead of putting up with it.
FOCUS ON THE STRENGTHS. WHAT WE DWELL ON INCREASES! Top
Things You Can Count On:
Costs for Enrollment: Galatians 6:6 in the amplified version tells us that we are to contribute to the financial support of our teachers. This is a teaching that the church has stayed away from in error. The cost enrollment in this program is $60 per person plus S&H, unless we can send the program to you by email. In addition, there is an additional charge of five dollars per person, which is sent to Our Daily Bread, Missions as an enrollment charge for the school. Upon completion of the program each participant will receive a Certificate of Completion and will be automatically enrolled in the Our Daily Bread, Missions Organization, Alliance of Accredited Ministers directory, which allows them access to other teaching information and materials used for ministry.
Discipleship is the Key! Jesus took on twelve individuals and cared for them. He prayed and interceded for them, taught them and helped provide for them. You will be doing the same thing for twelve people that you select and decide to work with. The better you teach and motivate your students, the more successful they will become, and you will also become. Your will be shown in a step by step method and you will be teaching other to do the same thing. It becomes your responsibility to teach, train, pray for, and help them fulfill their needs as individuals, or as a family, and help them into full time ministry, if that is what they desire. We will show you how to find, train, disciple and send believers and help them get started in the direction that God has called them.
God has given us His comfort, grace, and mercy not to make us comfortable but to give to others in need. He in His love has given us His anointing, power, and inheritance. The rest is up to us. If it is to be, it is up to us, and through His Spirit no one on this planet needs to be lost or go hungry. The truth is if we learned to take care of everyone in the body, caring for their body, soul, and spiritual needs, we would no longer have to preach, as people would be breaking down the doors to get in. It is to this end, that this has been humbly submitted for your approval, requesting your commitment and involvement before it is too late. If we judge we will be judged. If we do not become involved with the needs of others we not only judge them as not being worthy of our help, but condemn them.
If it is to be done it is up to us! God, in His grace and love, has given us the tools through Christ and the body. We need to learn to pick up the tools and use them individually and collectively. It is a choice; we choose one way or the other. We either work daily together, working to solve the problems through Christ, or we choose not to. Our families and we as Christians receive the end result, good or bad. However, it is a choice one way or the other and as you read this you are making a choice. God has given us the tools, but we need to be resolved to using them together. Ezekiel 18:30-32 "Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions, so iniquity shall not be your ruin.Cast away from you all your transgressions whereby ye have transgressed, and make yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why will ye die, O house of Israel? For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD. Therefore turn yourselves, and live ye."
To enroll in the program click here and scroll down to Starting a Church Through Discipleship to begin on line or if you have further questions use the same form for communication. Our Help Desk is available 24 hours a day and we are here to serve you.